Hi everyone! Happy friday! Here in Alaska, it’s definitely fall already and I’m loving it. Fall is my favorite season – who doesn’t love the colorful leaves, chilly temps, and pumpkin spice everything? It’s a short season in Anchorage, so I decided to join the Friday Five Linkup with Mar, Cynthia, and Courtney to talk about the five things on my fall bucket list this year.
1. Carve a pumpkin: Now that I have a house, I’ve got a front door that totally needs a carved pumpkin next to it! I’ll probably hold off on doing this until October, but it’s going to be so much fun!
2. Hike one more mountain: My time left to do this is running out because it’s going to start snowing in the mountains again soon. But I really hope I can hike one more peak before that happens. Maybe Mt. Baldy?
3. Bake a new pumpkin spice dessert: Every year I love learning how to make new pumpkin desserts. My current favorite pumpkin dish is my homemade pumpkin cheesecake, but have you heard about these? I have to try that recipe out!
4. Go for a trail run: I had such a blast running the Lost Lake Run a few weeks ago, and now that the forest is gorgeously yellow I want to spend as much time as possible out there. I’m hoping to get out for a pain-free run on the trails asap!
5. Have a wicked Halloween get-together: I never dress up for Halloween anymore, but now that I have a house and a puppy I’m hoping to invite people over and actually have an excuse to dress up for once! And Ridley has been invited to the Howl-oween party at Petco so he’s definitely going to need a costume. Any suggestions for a tiny teething puppy?
What’s your favorite part about fall? Any amazing pumpkin recipes I need to try this year?