Hi everyone! It’s Friday and I’m actually blogging – woohoo! Because this is such an awesome event, I’m making sure to link up with the Friday Five Linkup with Mar, Cynthia, and Courtney for the first time in forever! I missed blogging with you girls! This week is a free Friday, so in light of the fact that I’m running my first race of the entire summer I decided to write about the five things I love about race day.
1. Those pre-race jitters. They’re scary sometimes, but I also really love the anticipation of what I’m about to do. It gets me so pumped up to get out there and run!
2. Picking out my race day gear. I’ve usually got a few options going until the morning of the race when I have a better idea of what the weather will be like. I make sure I have all of my hydration and fuel packed up too!
3. The start line excitement. I hate waiting for a race to start, but I love when I actually get to cross the starting line! No matter how many races I’ve run, I know that I’ll always have that feeling of “I can’t believe I’m actually doing this!” as I finally start to run!
4. The finish line! This is probably the best part of the whole race experience for me. Nothing is better than finally crossing the finish line that you’ve looked forward to crossing for so long! I definitely get a bit teary-eyed when I cross finish lines, especially after my injury.
5. Post-race meals. I usually begin to crave certain foods mid-race, and I can’t wait to get done so I can eat them! My most common choices are pizza, a burger, or waffles. Clearly you can see that I run to eat!
I can’t believe that I’ll be doing the Lost Lake Run on Saturday (missed that news? Read this)! Although I won’t be able to run very much of it, I’m so excited to hike it! I’m really looking forward to experiencing all of my favorite things about running a race as I take on my longest distance yet. Wish me luck!