Hi everyone! It’s finally Friday, and it’s time for another Friday Five with Mar, Cynthia, and Courtney! And it’s not just any Friday – it’s the warmest Friday of the year so far! Even here in Alaska, it’s already feeling like spring and I’m loving it. In honor of this awesome time of year, I wanted to share 5 things that I’m looking forward to this spring:
1. My first triathlon: The Gold Nugget Triathlon is on May 15th and I’m so excited! Training has been so much fun, which is probably because I haven’t trained for anything since my last half marathon back in October. But I’m really enjoying learning how to bike and swim, and I can’t wait to cross my first tri finish line!
2. Hiking all the trails: Right now, I’m only hiking at sea level on ice-free trails. But soon I’ll be hiking up into the mountains once the trails are safe and the avalanche risk is gone. I think Powerline Pass is the first one on my list!
Seriously, I can’t wait to be back up there for some epic running and hiking!
3. Road trips: Now that the roads are clear I’m looking forward to driving all over the place! Last year our big road trip was to Fairbanks (check that recap out here) but this year we want to make it down to Valdez. They just got 2 feet of snow last week though so that might have to happen later in the summer. But I know that Seward is the first place we’ll be visiting this spring!
4. The midnight sun: It’s already sunny until 9 pm so it’s only a matter of time before we’re getting just three hours of twilight each night from midnight until 3 am! This is definitely the time of year where I spend way too much time hiking late at night and not enough time sleeping.
5. Moving! We had our house inspection on Wednesday and it went well, so barring any crazy situations from our bank or their bank during closing we should be moving on May 23rd! I can’t wait to spend all summer on our back deck!
What are you looking forward to this spring? Are you planning any upcoming road trips?