Hi everyone! This week has been so, soooooo long. It’s been a rough week for my organization and me and all of my coworkers were just feeling off all week long. I’m perking up at the thought of the weekend though! Since I just feel like I really need a vacation, I was happy to see that today’s Friday Five Linkup with Mar, Cynthia, and Courtney was themed around vacations. And you all know that I don’t take vacations – I take racecations! Even though I’m injured I’m still hoping to take a few racecations in 2016 and cross some new states off my 50 states list. What are my top five choices?
Which race will my next Alaska Airlines flight take me to in 2016?
1. Philadelphia for the Philadelphia Marathon! This is #1 for so many reasons – I’d get to go home to see my family, run in my favorite city, refuel with Wawa and soft pretzels, and it would be my very first marathon! It just so happens that it always takes place the weekend before Thanksgiving so I’d get a few extra vacation days to enjoy being home. I know if I run a marathon this is the one I’d want to do!
2. Montana for the Yellowstone Half Marathon: This takes place in West Yellowstone, Montana, and is actually a trail race hosted by Vacation Races (they did the Zion Half which I loved)! I’ve always wanted to go to Yellowstone despite my total dislike of tourists and crowds, so this is high up on my list.
3. Wyoming for the Grand Teton Half: It might sound random that I want to go to Wyoming, but this race course looks gorgeous and it’s also run by Vacation Races! If I run this race I can run the Yellowstone Half the following weekend and cross two states off my list in one week. Hmmm…
4. Hawaii for Ragnar Hawaii: This race is sold out, but I’m sure I could find my way onto a team looking for one slow but awesome runner 🙂 This looks seriously epic! Plus everyone in Alaska goes to Hawaii multiple times a year (it’s such an easy/cheap flight) and I need to jump on that bandwagon!
5. California for the San Francisco Half Marathon (option 1): I have been dying to make my way down to San Francisco and Yosemite for the longest time! This is a part of California that I have been really looking forward to exploring, and getting to run over the Golden Gate Bridge would be pretty epic. My second choice would probably be the Nike Women’s Half but it’s so hard to get into that one!
I don’t have enough time off or the money to do all of these races, but I’m seriously considering making a few of them happen in 2016! There are so many beautiful places to visit with epic races and it’s so hard to pick just a few!
Where do you want to run in 2016? Which races would you choose if you were me? If you could choose the perfect first marathon, what race would it be?