Hi everyone! This time tomorrow I’ll be on a plane on my way to Las Vegas! We land at 2:30 pm and I’m making a beeline for Chipotle and Trader Joe’s before heading out to St. George, Utah! St. George is only 45 minutes from Zion National Park but they had available hotel rooms that were 1/3 of the price of the ones right outside the park, so that’s our headquarters for the next week. I’m kind of freaking out about the plane rides (I HATE PLANES), the 70 degree weather that I’m probably going to melt in, and the super high elevation of Utah, so today I decided to write about things I’m loving right now to take my mind off things.
1. French Toast: It’s my favorite breakfast food (and maybe overall food). And not just the amazing homemade stuff that my husband makes me every few weekends (yeah, he’s awesome!) or the stuff I get at the diner with caribou sausage on the side. I’m talking about this too:
IT IS BACK AND I AM OFFICIALLY FREAKING OUT! This was my favorite cereal as a kid and I’m so excited about its return. I found it at Target and I almost ate the whole box in the last week! And I ate some while writing this blog post.
2. People who are more insane than me: Yeah, so I moved all the way across the country to live in a crazy place. I gave up a lot to follow my dream, and for the most part I’m happy. Sometimes I get homesick though. And during one of those homesick times I found this article about a runner who is trying to move TO MARS. No joke. She would train to be an astronaut for 9 years before making a 9 MONTH JOURNEY ON A ROCKET to get there to form the first human colony on Mars. And it’s a one way ticket – she’ll never come back. Seriously, no matter how homesick I get at least I’m still on Earth!
3. Sunshine. There is so much of it now that daylight savings time happened! I still go to work in the dark (it rises above the mountains around 9:00) but it doesn’t set until 7:30 and I’m all about these late nights for running. It’s also strong enough to be warm now, so I try to eat lunch in my car to absorb as much vitamin D as possible. Soon the sun will never set…and I’ll be exhausted from all the midnight hiking and running I’ll be doing!
4. Girl Scout Cookies: I have already dropped $10 on cookies and I’m sure I’ll be spending more soon. I’m working my way through some Tagalongs and I just bought Samoas today 🙂
5. The fact that Dashboard Confessional is going on tour this summer! The 16 year old hidden inside of me lost my mind when I heard this! I have no idea if I’ll be anywhere near these cities, but I’m just so excited that people get to relive their high school years again! I spent the last few days at work listening to A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar and I have to say that I was definitely emo as a kid. That stuff is so depressing but so catchy!
On that note, what are you into lately? Anyone else recently buy Girl Scout cookies or listen to emo music? And any last minute advice for acclimating to running 3,000+ ft above sea level?