Hi everyone! It’s Friday (woohoo!) and time for another Friday Five with Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia! This week’s theme is “love” and I feel like this could go a million ways. So I decided to write 5 valentines to things that I love so much and couldn’t live without!
1. Running: Obviously you all knew this would be on my list. I’ve written so many posts about why I love running and what it has done for me over the years. When I was dealing with my injury last week I was devastated – the thought that running could be taken away from me was something I’d never really thought of before. And ever since then I’ve been loving each and every run. So running, I love you. Will you be my valentine? I can’t live without you!
2. Hiking: It’s been months since I went on a really good hike, but it is seriously the best thing ever! It’s strenuous but the reward is so awesome. Especially here in Alaska! There are so many hikes we want to do this summer and I’m pretty excited to spend a week hiking in Zion next month! Hiking and I go waaaaay back to my childhood so it’s been my valentine for a while now 🙂
3. Alaska: Even though it’s not snowy, I’m loving it up here. It is so beautiful and exciting and new! Moose are popping up everywhere and Denali is visible all the time. When I’m driving to work on a clear day I will sometimes get chills just looking at how beautiful the mountains are! And don’t get me started on the sunsets. There is not a more beautiful place on earth.
4. Chocolate: I am about to get all up in that this weekend. My husband and I don’t exchange gifts on Valentine’s Day, just chocolate. So it is going to be a crazy day of sugar highs for me. I’m so excited to see what I get, and I’ll definitely try to add chocolate to as many meals as possible! Chocolate, you make me melt!
5. My family: My real valentines are of course my husband and Bella. Although Bella is far away in Philly, I miss her constantly and wish I could be with her this weekend. She’d probably spend the weekend alternating between eating peanut butter and giving me kisses.
And then there’s Andrew, who is the best husband and valentine a girl could ask for. Love you boo!
I plan on spending Valentine’s Weekend with each and everyone of my 5 valentines. Except Bella, but we can just Skype each other 🙂 Have a happy Valentine’s Day and make sure to spend time with everything that you love!
Who/what are your valentines this year? Did running make the list?