Hi everyone! It’s Friday (woohoo!) and time for another Friday Five with Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia! This week’s theme is “love” and I feel like this could go a million ways. So I decided to write 5 valentines to things that I love so much and couldn’t live without!
1. Running: Obviously you all knew this would be on my list. I’ve written so many posts about why I love running and what it has done for me over the years. When I was dealing with my injury last week I was devastated – the thought that running could be taken away from me was something I’d never really thought of before. And ever since then I’ve been loving each and every run. So running, I love you. Will you be my valentine? I can’t live without you!
I think this was taken halfway through a long run, and I’m still smiling. True love right there!
2. Hiking: It’s been months since I went on a really good hike, but it is seriously the best thing ever! It’s strenuous but the reward is so awesome. Especially here in Alaska! There are so many hikes we want to do this summer and I’m pretty excited to spend a week hiking in Zion next month! Hiking and I go waaaaay back to my childhood so it’s been my valentine for a while now 🙂
Hiking to the top of Mt. Marathon in Seward
3. Alaska: Even though it’s not snowy, I’m loving it up here. It is so beautiful and exciting and new! Moose are popping up everywhere and Denali is visible all the time. When I’m driving to work on a clear day I will sometimes get chills just looking at how beautiful the mountains are! And don’t get me started on the sunsets. There is not a more beautiful place on earth.
Weirdly all of my pictures here are of Seward. But it’s the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen, so that makes sense!
4. Chocolate: I am about to get all up in that this weekend. My husband and I don’t exchange gifts on Valentine’s Day, just chocolate. So it is going to be a crazy day of sugar highs for me. I’m so excited to see what I get, and I’ll definitely try to add chocolate to as many meals as possible! Chocolate, you make me melt!
Running for chocolate in Hershey!
5. My family: My real valentines are of course my husband and Bella. Although Bella is far away in Philly, I miss her constantly and wish I could be with her this weekend. She’d probably spend the weekend alternating between eating peanut butter and giving me kisses.
She only knows 2 commands, and one of them is “give kisses!”
And then there’s Andrew, who is the best husband and valentine a girl could ask for. Love you boo!
I plan on spending Valentine’s Weekend with each and everyone of my 5 valentines. Except Bella, but we can just Skype each other 🙂 Have a happy Valentine’s Day and make sure to spend time with everything that you love!
Who/what are your valentines this year? Did running make the list?
40 thoughts on “Friday Five: My 5 Valentines”
Beautiful Alaska! I can’t wait to visit there this August. I do love some Hershey’s as well.
Yay! I’m so excited for you to see it!
You pictures are gorgeous! Sorry you can’t be with Belle.
Thanks! Yeah I miss her a lot, but we didn’t think she’d be able to make the plane rides up here. She’s super anxious and tiny. My mom is obsessed with her and I can’t imagine her giving her up at this point though, so it worked out!
Wow, Alaska looks stunning even in the winter. I also plan to have lots of chocolate on Valentine’s Day. It is a very important food group after all.
Oh yes, the most important one of all 🙂
We had a lot of similar things on my list too. Even Hershey, we love to travel! I would love visit Alaska! 🙂
I’ll have to check your list out! And yes, come to Alaska! We have some great races in the summer!
Oh I bet!! I’ll need to do that!
These are awesome Valentine’s Day plans and Valentines. Have fun!!
Thanks! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Great list! My husband and I don’t do gifts either but we do by one small box of trufffles from Godicva and play “truffle roulette.” We randomly shoose a truffle not knowing the flavor and take a bite. Soem are good and some not so good!
Haha that’s an awesome idea! I like to know what I’m getting so I would hate getting bad ones.
Awesome list. Of course running is on my list, and I think this year Les Mills classes have earned a spot too–they’re so great for getting me to actually do strength training!
Yay for classes and running!
Several years ago I could never see myself running. The funny thing is now I can’t see my life without running being a part of it!
YES! This is so true for me too! Like I said, hiking has always been my valentine ever since I was little, but running started only a few years ago but I can’t imagine my life without it. Yay for running!
awww i love that picture of you and bella – so cute! have a great weekend. enjoy your chocolate!
Yeah, she’s a cutie! I miss her! I hope you get lots and lots of chocolate too!
aww this list is so sweet it made me tear up a bit! Esp. the part about your little pup. Running (and Hiking) definitely made my love list this year!!
Awww! I’m glad running and hiking are on your list too. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Haha, love the list! Chocolate….that’s good 😉
Yep, it’s one of my favorite things! Gotta have it on here!
I love your list! Running is definitely on my list, as well as my hubby, daughters, and our dogs! Lots of love in my life! Alaska looks so beautiful!
Yay to valentine dogs!
Ahhhh, chocolate. I think I may treat myself to a Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha for Valentines. Bella is adorable and I know you must miss her tremendously. Enjoy your weekend.
Mmm that sounds so yummy! I got to talk to Bella on the phone today so I’m feeling better about that. My mom said she perks up and looks around when she hears my voice!
I’d love to visit Alaska. It looks beautiful! Love your list! Running is for sure on my list, along with yoga, body pump, and of course my husband. (And chocolate is amazing!) Happy Valentine’s Day!
You should come visit in the summer! It’s so beautiful. Almost all of the pictures in this post were taken down in Seward which is in a fjord so it’s crazy pretty. I’m so glad running made both of our list! And of course our husbands haha.
Love your pics! Alaska is so beautiful! Besides my family, running would make the list.
Agreed! Family comes first, but I also love running so much!
I love that you had running at the top of your list! Mine too…
Haha if my husband asks, he’s officially at the top…even though he’s kind of on the bottom here haha!
Alaska is certainly on our bucket list of places to go for sure. It looks so beautiful.
It is! I highly recommended it. We came here on vacation and decided to move here!
My husband knows that I can take or leave flowers, but chocolate is a must!
Same here! He never gets me flowers, just extra chocolate 🙂
Great valentines! Running definitely makes my list too, even though my knee is giving me issues with it right now. 😦 and I’m loving all the valentines day chocolate in my house right now! 🙂
Boo, I hope your knee feels better! And my house is filled with chocolate too so I feel the same way!