Hi everyone! It’s time for me to talk about something new that I’ve been trying lately! As you may know, I have had the hardest time finding headbands that fit my head. I am obsessed with BAMR Bands, but sometimes I get one and it’s a slightly different size than the other ones I have, resulting in a headband that I can’t use. I mean, this happens with EVERY headband manufacturer. It’s frustrating, especially when the headband is super cute and you can’t even wear it! So this week, I’m trying a new type of headband to see if it works.
The main issue with non-slip headbands is that they can come in slightly different sizes due to manufacturing issues, and you can never predict how a headband will fit you until you get it in the mail. And living in Alaska means that all of my headbands come in the mail! So I was really excited when I was browsing Etsy one day and found A Rose So Sweet headbands. What first caught my attention was the patterns – seriously, there are so many and they’re really cute! I’m pretty sure no matter what your style is, she has a pattern that you’ll love. But the real reason I decided to buy one was because these headbands are adjustable! I’m pretty sure these can adjust to fit the biggest and smallest heads out there.
I immediately fell in love with a mint and white chevron print with a shiny gold accent. When I ordered the band, I talked to the owner, Liz, who offered to throw in a super cute pink chevron headband to try! *NOTE: although I received one headband for free, all opinions are my own. I have no reason to lie about headbands, especially when I’m so opinionated about them anyways*
Once my headbands arrived in the mail, I was really excited to try them out! In fact, I wore the mint one the very next day…to work! It felt fancy enough to go with my business casual attire, and it stayed in my hair all day without moving. I’ve never worn one of these kinds of headbands to work before and I loved that it stayed on while passing as a fancy hair accessory.
Of course, I had to try out my pink chevron band during a few workouts to see how it held up! I wore it during yoga and running (indoors!). With both activities I felt myself doing the nervous headband adjustment thing that I constantly do where I check that it’s in place every 5 minutes. At first it slipped towards the back, so I pulled the band a bit tighter. It stayed in place after that, and every time I checked it was right where I wanted it. I really loved how colorful it is and I plan on wearing it all the time.
On the Try New Things Tuesday scale, I give these headbands a 4 out of 5!
- Really, really cute patterns. Definitely cuter than any other headbands I’ve seen so far.
- Some of the patterns are suitable for dressing up, so I can wear them to work too!
- They are adjustable and can fit any head. I’ll never have to worry about getting a headband from her that is sized slightly different than the others, because they are fully adjustable to fit no matter what!
- She had excellent customer service and got my headbands to me really quickly!
- She’s constantly having sales, so check her out on Facebook to keep up!
- As I’ve said when reviewing other non-slip headbands, these don’t do anything to absorb sweat or keep it out of your eyes. If there was a way to make non-slip headbands that soaked up sweat too (sorry Bondi Band, you slip off my head) I’d be all over that!
- There was a slight learning curve to fitting it on my head without any slippage later. But I’m getting the hang of it now and I love that I can adjust it mid workout if necessary instead of having to take it off because it doesn’t fit!
My cons are weak, so you can tell that I really love these headbands! I’ve already got my eye on a few more patterns that are going to put me in a spring-ish mood. And the best news about that is that Liz has awesomely offered a discount code to me and my readers! Use the code RAWM20 for 20% off in her shop. Thanks Liz for making such cute headbands and for graciously giving us all a discount!
What headbands do you use while running? Have you ever tried adjustable ones before? And help me out – is there a magical non-slip sweat absorbing headband out there? Hook me up!