Hey everyone! It’s finally Friday! And that means it’s time for the Friday Five Linkup with Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia! This week’s theme is Friday Favorites, and since it’s finally December I’ve got a lot of favorites right now!
1. Christmas decorations! Our tree is up and we’ve got the “Christmas Miracle” up too! What is the Christmas Miracle you ask? Well, it’s a lovely story. Once upon a time back in college, my roommate and I bought a light up Christmas garland for our apartment. It stopped working, and we were really sad. And then one day, it randomly started working again after being broken for a while! We dubbed it the “Christmas Miracle” and now all garlands after that one have had the same name.
2. Christmas music! I cheated and started a few days before Thanksgiving. I can’t help it! I play it at the office, at home while I’m cooking, and especially in my car while driving around. My absolute favorite is Bing Crosby’s “White Christmas”. It’s especially magical with snow falling!
3. And on that note, IT FINALLY SNOWED! Yeah, we only got like an inch. But it’s a start! It finally looks like stereotypical Alaska now! Every day there are little periods of super light beautiful snowfall. It doesn’t stick to anything but it’s beautiful!
4. Cookies. All the cookies. Mostly chocolaty and pepperminty ones. I literally can’t stand peppermint until the holidays roll around and then I put it in all the desserts and coffee that I can eat! I was holding off on baking any since I’m still not over pumpkin (pleeeeeease don’t let pumpkin season end!) but the education department of my company has decided to throw a little holiday party next week and we’re all baking cookies for a cookie swap. The twist is that 3 of us work in Anchorage, one works in Juneau, and one works in Kenai! So we have to mail our cookies out this weekend to make sure they get to the other offices in time. The cookie swap theme is chocolate, so I’d love to hear all your amazing chocolate cookie recipes!
5. Holiday themed races! I always make sure to run some kind of race in December because it’s always a lot of fun. Ever since I started running I’ve signed up for the Kris Kringle 5 Miler in Reading, PA which came with the best race swag – hoodies! I obviously won’t be there this year, which I’m actually not too upset about because every year there seems to be some sort of weather disaster that I have to deal with at that race. Last year I also ran the Ugly Sweater Run in Philly with Andrew and it was so much fun running around in the fake snow wearing silly costumes with him. And I am super happy to report that Andrew has agreed to sign up to run the one and only Christmas race here in Anchorage with me! We will be running the Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis on December 13th and I’m excited to be running in real snow this time!
Those are my favorite things about December! What are you favorites?