Hi everyone! Week #3 of Thankful Thursdays is here WHICH IS TOTALLY NUTS! Where did fall go? No complaints though, because I’m pretty sure by this time next week I’ll have already seen quite a few Christmas shows…and my tree will be sitting there all ready to be put up and decorated! Yay! Anyways, let’s take a look at what 10 things I’m thankful for this week!
1. That I don’t live in Buffalo. This is nuts. Did I mention we are still snow free? I’m so ready for it but it’s just not cold enough!
2. That the heat wave is still going strong here in Alaska. It was warmer today in Anchorage than in Philly!
3. Getting to see the northern lights all winter long. It makes the darkness so much prettier!
4. That no one attacked me for posting pictures of me shooting a gun on Tuesday’s post. Thank you all for being accepting and awesome 🙂
5. For my amazing manager who helped me stay sane after a particularly difficult lesson this week. All of my middle schoolers have been crazy all week, what is going on?!
6. For warm brownies topped with cold ice cream. Best dessert ever.
7. For beautiful sunsets…even if they happen at 4:00 pm now.
8. For my kitchen, which let me do tons of cooking this week!
9. For YouTube videos that taught me how to arm knit a scarf in one hour! This scarf is huge and super warm!
10. That I finally became a member of REI! I’ve already bought some awesome winter gear for running, and I’m about to be all over their ski rentals when it starts snowing! #buyallthethings
So now it’s time for one thing I’m thankful for with running. Sadly, no runs happened this week. It has been a weird week with tons of working super early mornings and late nights, but that means I can flex my time today and tomorrow by leaving work early today to squeeze a run in before the sun sets! Especially since I’ve got a turkey trot next week that I need to stay in shape for! So this week, I’m thankful that running is still on my mind despite all the millions of other things I’m dealing with this week. I’ve been thinking constantly about my next half and how excited I am to plan my trip and my training schedule. I think taking a break from the pressure that training can give me is helping me get excited about next year’s race schedule!
What are you thankful for this week?