Hi everyone! For some incredible reason we are two weeks into November already! I am so close to Christmas that I can almost smell it! Well not really, I still have my pumpkin candle out 🙂 Anyways, as promised I have a list of 10 new things that I’m thankful for this week!
- The heat wave that we’re getting right now! High temps are in the 40s and lows in the 30s, AKA sweater with no coat weather! Monday I wore moccasins on my feet instead of boots, Tuesday I wore a dress and non-fleece-lined leggings, and Wednesday I wore TOMS! And while running I didn’t need ear warmers or gloves. Yay for zero fleece in the picture below!
- That I’m not this girl. Um, you cheated.
- No moose sightings yet this week!
- The fact that my company has a book club and our book choices are always about women’s issues in Alaska. This month we’re reading Ada Blackjack and it’s awesome!
- Remembering to get a turkey a few weeks in advance so they’re not sold out. That happened to me once. And since we won’t be going to our parents’ houses for Thanksgiving this year, I really needed to get one if I want to eat turkey at all!
- My friend from my summer job in Seward is flying in for the weekend from Bethel! They have barely any stores out there (not even a Walmart) so this weekend is going to be filled with so many PSLs, mani/pedis, and shopping!
- Anchorage is mostly decorated in Christmas lights already. I think they did it early so that they wouldn’t have to do it in the snow, but we don’t have any of that yet. In fact, as you can see below the snow we had in the mountains is even melting – there used to be a lot more. So I’m just going to be thankful that they were trying to think ahead so I can enjoy the lights sooner!
- I watched The Frozen Ground this weekend, and I am SO THANKFUL that the Butcher Baker died this summer in jail. That is one terrifying true story about a really dark period in Alaska’s past.
- I am thankful for all the friends that I met this summer at my job in Seward. Not only is my friend coming to visit this weekend (see #6), but I got pizza with my old supervisor last weekend and dinner with another awesome coworker last night. And I got a hilarious postcard from one of my other old coworkers this week too! I love that we’re all staying in touch!
- ANDREW GOT A JOB!!!!! Yay for finally being stress free!
Now for one thing about running that I’m thankful for: getting to travel all over the US to run races. I’m so excited to run in 44 more states – it’s going to take forever but I’m excited!
What are you thankful for this week?