Hey everyone! After racing on Saturday and resting on Sunday, I spent a day visiting some fun touristy places in Seattle! I’ll be heading back to Seattle from October 5-10 for training for my new job, but we couldn’t resist fitting in some fun times before flying to Philly!
Now that I’ve gone from small-town Seward back to a big city, I’m noticing some things:
- IT’S SO HOT. EVERYWHERE.
- I haven’t had cable since April, and wow are there a ton of Alaska shows on TV now. Spoiler alert: most of those shows don’t represent what it’s really like in Alaska. The people from Alaska: The Last Frontier live near a town that’s bigger than Seward.
- Taylor Swift’s new song is awesome! The things you miss when you don’t have a radio station in town that plays new songs!
- Traffic is terrible.
- I will never get sick of Chipotle.
- PSLs taste so much better when you buy them at a real Starbucks instead of the only Starbucks in town AKA the one inside Safeway.
- Gas is 20 cents cheaper in Seattle than in Anchorage. And it’s 50 cents cheaper in Philly!
- I can no longer run at night unless I want to get murdered. And the sun sets an hour earlier down here 😦
But honestly, it’s nice to be back down here enjoying all of the things that I won’t have up in Anchorage. And now for the best news ever: I’M BACK IN PHILLY!!!! Until October 5! I’m so happy to be back with my family again! And I’m going to eat all of my favorite old foods and shop at all the stores we don’t have up there. TJ Maxx, get ready because I’m going to buy everything you have. And the employees at Wawa will know me by name after only a few days. I CAN’T WAIT! Also, prepare for tons of pictures featuring this fabulous cuddle bug:
We have spent hours cuddling already – I’ve missed her so much! We won’t be able to bring her back to Alaska so I’ve got to squeeze in as much cuddle time as possible. I’m so happy that she remembered me after all this time apart!
If you only had a short amount of time in your hometown, what would you do?