Hi everyone! Time for another Friday Five with Mar on the Run, You Signed Up For What?!, and Eat Pray Run DC! This week’s theme is 5 things that we love about something, and since I’ve only got 1 more month left in Seward I decided to write about my current town! There’s so much I love about Seward, Alaska and it’s going to be hard to narrow it down to only 5 things!
Five Things I Love About Seward, Alaska:
1. I can walk everywhere. Coming from the 5th largest city in the US, you would think that I’d miss big city life. But it’s the total opposite! I love that I can walk everywhere and there is no traffic. There’s not even a traffic light here!
2. It’s at the end of the road. There’s something so cool about knowing that you are literally at the end of a 200+ mile road that leads down from the only nearby city. It makes me feel like I really am living in the last frontier!
3. It’s got both the mountains and the ocean. I’d rather take mountains any day (hello hiking!) but I’m in love with the fact that there is a beautiful ocean only minutes from my door that is filled with whales, marine mammals, and glaciers! And while I love hiking the trails around Seward, I love running along the waterfront path too!
4. The food is awesome! We’ve got a place that serves caribou burgers out of a school bus, an oceanfront cafe that sells yummy cheesecake all day, and more places to buy super fresh fish than you can ever imagine! We don’t have fast food, but who needs it when you can get crazy yummy salmon sandwiches and fries instead?
5. It’s the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen. I’ve been to some pretty places, but Seward is the best and that’s why we chose to come here for the summer! Some days I feel like I could take 200 pictures and have them all turn out perfect. For now, I’ll just leave some pictures of my favorite places in Seward and Kenai Fjords National Park on here:
While I’m excited to start my new life in Anchorage, I’m definitely getting sad about my time ending in Seward! I’m so glad there’s another month left of hiking, running, and eating. I’m excited about all the final adventures we’re going to have here!
What do you love about your town? Do you like small towns over big cities? Who is totally ready to visit me in Seward?