Hi everyone! It’s Friday again, and this week’s Friday Five linkup with Eat Pray Run DC, You Signed Up For What?!, and Mar on the Run is a free Friday. So this week I decided to take a look at some future things that I’m excited about! As most of you know, my future is a bit up in the air – I’m done with my current job in Seward in a month and I’ll need to find a job and an apartment in Anchorage in that time. Everything seems pretty uncertain but I’m happy to report that in the past week I’ve discovered some exciting things on the horizon!
1. We FINALLY bought our plane tickets to the lower 48! Andrew and I are done with work in Seward on September 14 (how do I only have 1 month left?!) and we are going to be visiting Andrew’s dad in Seattle and the rest of our family in Philly before the grand finale: being a bridesmaid in my best friend’s wedding on October 4! We are so excited about the trip and feel that we definitely deserve a 3 week vacation 🙂 The tickets weren’t too expensive, and we don’t need to rent cars or hotel rooms so it’s not going to kill my bank account! Plus I get to see Bella again! God I miss this dog!
2. My next half marathon might not be a total hot mess. I skipped last week’s long run due to some crazy stomach issues and then it rained all week (yes, so many excuses!), so last week’s 8 miler is being moved to this weekend! I took a look at my calendar and I think with the time I have left I should be fine getting up to 10 or 11 miles before the Beat The Blerch Half. I’m banking on some of my “fitness level” sticking around from the Her Tern Half, plus hopefully my new addition of hill repeats and more frequent runs will help get me there! No matter what, this race is Blerch themed so as long as I can beat my own Blerch, I should do great! And I will earn Nutella at the end 🙂
3. PSLs are coming back!!!!!! Okay, I know what you’re thinking – didn’t I give up coffee in an attempt to get my weird heart pain/palpitations to stop? Well in not so exciting news, they haven’t stopped. They even happen when I’m not stressed or thinking about anything, which is slightly scary but I’m still going to blame it on stress. I’ve been missing my afternoon coffee so bad, and seeing so many “coffee is healthy” posts on Buzzfeed and Facebook is making me wonder why I’m even giving it up. I think just 1 cup a day (which I’ve done forever) will help me more than hurt me. And today, I mentioned PSLs and the entire office went crazy. One of my favorite coworkers even called the Starbucks inside the Safeway here in Seward to see when PSLs are coming (he must be new because he replied “October?”and hung up) and then she called one of the Starbucks in Anchorage where they confirmed the rumors online: PSLs are back on August 25! To all my haters out there, no it is not too early for pumpkin stuff. I live in a place where it feels like fall for half the summer so I can totally justify it too 🙂 #PSLsalldayeveryday
4. I finally chose my big amazing dream vacation half marathon for next year! I haven’t actually registered yet because if you read this post you’ll know that I can’t ever pull the trigger on race registration. Plus I’m pretty poor right now. But it’s one of the 3 on that post and I am DYING because it looks amazing! As soon as I register I will let everyone know which one I chose!
5. It might stop raining this afternoon…or possibly next week. It’s been raining here nonstop (literally) for a week now and we are all slowly going insane. I’m not talking normal rain either – I mean cold, hard, nearly horizontal, monsoon rain. Umbrellas are useless here. I have worn my rain boots to work for the past week and I have given up on doing anything to my hair. All of our long boat tours are either cancelled or are turning around before reaching the open ocean because everyone is getting seasick from the 13 foot waves. And I’m going stir crazy – I’m all for running in the rain but this is ridiculous. Wednesday night it stopped for a few hours so Andrew and I went hiking out to Tonsina Point, where it quickly began raining again as soon as we took the picture below. I am so excited to get my next long run in on a possible partly cloudy/drizzly day next week! I know that Mobile, AL is the rainiest city in the US but I feel like Seward was overlooked!
It’s nice to feel like I’m looking forward to something again – for a while there my future was really stressing me out. Even just buying those plane tickets made me feel better because now I have a real timeline for the next few months! And some PSLs and sunshine would cheer anyone up 🙂
What exciting things are going on in your life this week? And who else is pumped up about PSL season?