Hi everyone! Guess what day it is? MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
My supervisor may have had that song on repeat yesterday for me…
I am currently either sleeping, recovering from last night, or eating cake. Yesterday however, I decided to go for a 2.7 mile run (for 27 years, get it?) to commemorate my new age! It was a nice start to my birthday festivities, and gave me a bit of time to reflect on the last year. I’ve accomplished so much since turning 26 and I can’t wait to see what 27 will bring! When I was 26 I:
- Ran my first half marathon!!!!!!
- Moved to Alaska!
- Drove 4,300 miles across 2 countries
- Snuck into Acadia National Park during the government shutdown
- Went dogsledding on a glacier (more on that soon!)
- Ran my first and only mud run
- Learned to kayak
- Hiked Cadillac Mountain and Mt. Marathon, two amazingly epic hikes I never thought I’d do
- Ran my fastest 5k ever
- Bought my first car using my own credit (word to all the independent ladies with good credit out there!)
- Learned how to run in the snow
- And finally, started this blog and met all of you fabulous people!
I know that year #27 is going to be even better, and I can’t wait to share it with all of you! Love you all!
What’s your favorite type of birthday cake? What is your biggest accomplishment in the last year?
14 thoughts on “The Best Days Are Birthdays!”
Happy Birthday, Kristen! I think you will have a great 27th year ahead!
Happy Birthday, Kristen! Here’s to a great year ahead with many new experiences and milestones!
Happy, happy birthday!
HEYYYYYY! Happy birthday Kristen!!! Hope it’s rad!
Happy Birthday! Sounds like the past year has been great!
Happy birthday girl!! 😀
Happy Birthday!! To answer your cake question, my favorite birthday cake is ice- cream cake! Yum!
Happy birthday love ❤
Happy birthday! I hope you have another great year!
Happy Birthday!! Have a *great* day and an awesome year!
Happy birthday, gorgeous!! I hope you have the most spectacular day!!!
Happy birthday! Ice cream cake from DQ has always been my fave!