Hi everyone! It’s been a pretty awesome week for the following reasons:
1. Last weekend’s Love Run Half Marathon is still giving me warm fuzzy feelings. It was easier on my body and my mind than I ever thought possible, and whenever someone mentions it I start smiling like a crazy person. Yep, I’m half crazy. What’s not so great is the fact that we were promised free finish line photos…and after seeing them today mine are not there!!!! I seriously have no pictures of this race! Well, except this random one that they expect me to buy. Nope!
2. I had off work all week to pack and do other terribly stressful things related to moving, and I actually did a pretty good job! I never realized how much stuff I had in my closets! The best part was finding long lost things that I’ve been looking for forever! My best find: a bag of new, never worn Minnetonka moccasins that I put away last spring when I bought them all on sale and have been looking for ever since!
3. But this week wasn’t all work! Wednesday my coworker BFFs and I went to Rehoboth Beach, DE for the day! We ate donuts from the Fractured Prune, shopped at the outlets, and hung out on the beach before happy hour at Dogfish Head Brewery. It was seriously the perfect day and it was just the break I needed from packing and stressing!
4. I realized yesterday that every single race I’ve done this year has been a PR! I’ve only done 4 (check out the 14 in 2014 tab for my list of races!) but that’s pretty crazy. No pressure, right?
5. Speaking of races, I have yet another race this weekend! I’m running the Hot Chocolate 5k in Philly on Sunday and I’m really excited because, like last week’s Love Run Half, I won free registration through a giveaway! Yay to free swag and chocolate! The weather looks incredible and it’s at the same location as the Love Run so I’ll make sure to take lots of pictures and hang out after the race this time!
Today I’m signed up to volunteer at packet pickup for the Hot Chocolate 5k/15k at Philadelphia Runner – Glen Mills! If you’re picking up your packet today make sure to say hi! I’ve never volunteered at a race before but I feel like I should give back, especially after last weekend’s super rainy race. I have a feeling there might be some chocolate at this packet pickup so I’m looking forward to it!
How was your week? Have you ever volunteered at a race? Have you ever found something awesome in your closets that you thought you lost?