Hey everyone! Yesterday we officially left for the Disney Princess Half Marathon! We left at 4:30 am and drove 12 hours to Savannah. We could have gone the whole way in one day, but we were both crazy tired and my legs started to bother me from sitting so long so we enjoyed our overnight break in Savannah. It’s such a pretty little city! Today we’ll drive the last 4 hours to Disney! On the drive down yesterday I was kind of a hot mess – I was tired, sick of sitting in a car, and frantically hydrating so that I’m prepared for Disney! I’m surprised/horrified to see how hot it is down here, and it’s making me doubt my abilities to run in this weather (I know it won’t be hot at 5:30 am, but I can tell it will be humid!). So to take my mind off of everything, here are some non-Disney Princess Half Marathon things going on in my life:
- First and foremost, I GOT INTO BROAD STREET! I will be running the Broad Street 10 Miler on May 4th with 40,000 other people in Philly! I found out on Monday and was driving down Broad Street later that day and seriously got the chills. I can’t wait to run it! The race directors said that lottery entrants had an 85% chance of getting in, but I’m still feeling super lucky!
- The winner of my recent giveaway for The Color Run is Bree over at Running Breezy! She’ll be running her local race in Little Rock this summer and I’m really excited for her! Color runs are so much fun!
- On that note, I recently won a race entry to the Hot Chocolate 5k/15k from Nicole over at By Nicole! It’s coming to Philly on April 6th and since that’s the weekend after The Love Run I decided to sign up for just the 5k. It’s actually the only 5k I’ve got going on this spring so I’ll see if I can PR! Plus there is chocolate at the finish line so I know it’s going to be an awesome race! Thanks Nicole!
- I’m getting sick of drinking water constantly – if you’ve ever had to hydrate more than normal you know what I mean. So I tried Nuun for the first time this weekend and loved it! I got the pink lemonade flavor and I loved how it’s the perfect mix of sour and sweet without actually having any sugar in it 🙂 I’m definitely going to try all the other flavors! It helps me drink water while getting some necessary nutrients as well.
- I’m getting kind of obsessed with the Winter Olympics. Yesterday we weren’t able to watch them since we were driving all day, so we spent some time catching up before going to bed early. I seriously don’t even have a favorite event – I’ll watch all of them! Skeleton is pretty crazy though because I can’t image throwing myself down the ice face first as fast as I can. Those guys are brave!
- The south has a lot of interesting new restaurants/fast food places that we don’t have up north. Why is there a Waffle House at every single exit on 95? I’m tempted to go there just because we saw about 200 of them so they must be good! For dinner last night we went to Uncle Maddio’s in Savannah and it was soooo good! It’s kind of like Chipotle but with pizza – you pick your type of crust and sauce and then choose from a ton of toppings and they put it all together in front of you! I got regular pizza with meatballs and I might have eaten the whole thing (I need my carbs, right?). It looks like they have Uncle Maddio’s all over the south so check to see if you have one near you!
- There is a Lululemon outlet in Orlando! I found this out yesterday and had to control my excitement! I can’t afford regular Lulu clothes so I’m excited to see if I can get any good deals. I might check that out after the expo today!
Stay tuned for the Disney’s Fit For A Princess Expo recap tomorrow! I am hoping to get an “I Did It!” shirt and a jacket, so hopefully I can beat the crowds and get them in my size! I also need to get a few more things for my costume (I’m a huge procrastinator, I know) and I obviously need to go around checking out all the new things that I “need”. I love shopping so I know that running shopping will be so much fun! And just because this post needs at least one picture, I’ll leave you with a tiny preview of my race costume. Can you tell which princess I’m dressing up as?
What’s the one thing you bought at a race expo that you couldn’t live without? Have you ever eaten at a Waffle House? I seriously need to know if it’s worth going there!