It’s Friday!!!! And my goodness I’m so happy! It’s been a crazy week and I’m looking forward to the weekend. Here’s a recap of my week:
The Awesome Things:
- My 10 mile run! Yep, still pretty pumped about that.
- I finally did the Disney Princess Half costume test run that I’ve been putting off because I imagined it would be painful, but it turned out great! Well, I was terrified that the pants I bought were too see-through and tight and I’m still not 100% comfortable with how naked I feel in non-black running tights, but I think they’re too cute to change my costume now! Pics will come later once the outfit is complete!
- My parents bought me Flyers tickets for Christmas, and the game is tomorrow! 6th row tickets and we also have a parking pass! #letsgoflyers
- The downside to buying tons of workout clothes when you used to have literally none is that you have nowhere to put them. Except an “organized” pile on the floor of your closet. This is how my closet has looked for months…
…and how it looks now! I’m so proud of my organizational skills with that one!
The pink organizers on top hold my winter running accessories (hats, gloves, ear warmers) and sports bras, the top drawer is moisture wicking t-shirts, the middle drawer is moisture wicking long sleeved shirts, the bottom drawer is running pants, and the pink box on the floor is tank tops for the summer/the gym that I can easily find them for Barre3 classes! I also went through all my non-moisture wicking shirts (hanging) and threw out a bunch of old ones from college. 50% of them are Flyers shirts!
The Not-So Awesome Things:
- Our kitchen situation has not changed in the last 2 weeks. At all. I don’t know what to make of the fact that construction has still not started…
- The ice storm we got on Tuesday night knocked out power on the Main Line, so my free Barre3 class on Wednesday night was rescheduled to Thursday night…and then that was cancelled. I was able to roll with it and did my costume test run on Wednesday night and a much needed rest day on Thursday, but I hate when weather gets in the way of a good workout!
- Remember that 5k that I was looking forward to this weekend because I thought I might have a chance at PRing? Well the ice storm got that rescheduled because the park where they are holding the race is a mess of trees and power lines and ice. The worst part about this terrible news? It’s rescheduled for February 22nd – when I’ll be in Disney! I’m hoping I can work something out with the race directors or at least get the shirt mailed to me since I already paid.
- Wawa $1 coffee ends tomorrow. I don’t know how I will survive without those 20 ounce cups now that I can barely afford the 12 ounce cups 😦 Yes, I’m addicted.
Things I Learned This Week:
- I’m obsessed with Barre3 and went into withdrawal without it. I will probably need to suck it up and buy the unlimited class package soon!
- I’m bad at drinking water before my long runs and always end up feeling like crap when I’m done running. Yes, I know this is terrible and don’t need a lecture. I just need to bring a water bottle with me at all times so I keep drinking all day!
- It’s very easy to get addicted to coffee. End of story.
- Disney World park tickets are insanely expensive and there are basically no discounts, but did you know that Magic Kingdom tickets are more expensive than any other park? And did you know that I’m still going to pay that just so that I can run around like a little kid after my half marathon is over? It’s not like I can run a Disney race and then not go to any parks, and Magic Kingdom is definitely the best!
- There are other people out there who also like winter! Blisters and Black Toenails posted this blog post this week and I not only learned that I’m not the only one sick of winter, but that you can use chocolate milk to make hot chocolate. Clearly I have never truly lived!
- Apples and Arteries shared the coolest information about what your brain looks like after exercise! Check it out here! I love that the benefits start after only 20 minutes of exercise – I frequently walk 20 minutes at work and it’s good to know I’m getting something out of it!
Let’s hear about your week! Share the good/bad/things you learned!
11 thoughts on “Fabulous Friday!”
Yay for 10 mile runs and organized workout clothes! I just went through mine last weekend – purged and organized. Feels so good!
It really does! It looks better and now I know where everything is. One less thing to stress about when I’m trying to work out!
Congrats on running the 10 miler, especially in this cold! I don’t mind snow, but this ice is for the birds!
I actually ran it on the treadmill – I briefly talked about it in Wednesday’s post and didn’t think about repeating it on here! It was on our snow day last Monday so I don’t think I could have done it outside even if I wanted to! But I agree, this ice is crazy!
Oh well good idea, better to be safe!!
I have ten miles this weekend too. My race in Burlington, NJ was cancelled, too. I am seriously bummed. It has not been rescheduled yet. That stinks about the power. I heard some places in PA got it bad!
Yeah it was pretty crazy over here! I’m really upset about my race but I guess this is what happens when you sign up for winter races, right? I’m trying for 11 miles tomorrow so hopefully that works out!
Sounds like a good week! I so need to do some organizing too! That ice storm we got was crazy!
Ice is so scary! No one wants to lose power in this cold weather!
Love your running gear organization method! Currently mine is divided between the closet, dresser, and plastic bins – ugh.
What a pain about your kitchen & major bummer for that 5k! At least when you do have a 5k it should be a killer PR 🙂
I had to start carrying a water bottle with me because I’m terrible at hydrating if I only drink during a meal- I never feel thirsty enough to drink 8 ounces at a time! Much easier to sip it all day long 🙂
Yeah cleaning my closet was a big project that I’d been putting off for a while! I was super angry while I was doing it because it was such a huge project but now I feel stress-free every time I look in my closet! I wish I had more storage space or one of those fancy walk-in closets 🙂