Hey everyone! Fabulous news: this is my 100th blog post AND tomorrow is my 6 month blogiversary! How crazy is that! I can’t believe how far I’ve come since I started this blog. Let’s take a look back, shall we?
- I ran my slowest 5k ever after taking 3 months off running and realized how important it is to train for a race
- I ran in Chicago and Milwaukee and appreciated how much faster you can run in a flat place
- I got professionally fitted for shoes at a local running store which significantly helped my running ability
- I PRed my 10k time TWICE! And my current PR took place on the Ben Franklin Bridge in Philly/Camden!
- I finally broke 30 minutes in a 5k with a time of 28:41 (I’m still so proud!)
- I ran races in New Jersey and Delaware
- I began training for my first half marathon (HOLY COW IT’S IN LESS THAN 3 WEEKS!!!!!)
- I ran a 5 mile race in the freezing pouring rain and didn’t die
- I made my foam roller my BFF after being afraid to try it out
- I became obsessed with Barre3 and realized that cross training is pretty fun
- I learned how to fuel during long runs
- I went run streaking for the Runner’s World Holiday Run Streak and lasted 34 days!
- And in non-running related news, I hiked my butt off in Acadia National Park during the government shutdown. It was pretty awesome!
- I finally began to feel like a runner, which is probably my biggest accomplishment in the past 6 months 🙂
It’s amazing to look back on all the things I’ve done in such a short amount of time! So here’s my motivation for all of you lovely readers: take a look back at where you were 6 months ago. You’re a much stronger person now because of the things you’ve gone through. You’ve come a long way from the person you were 6 months ago, and it’s so exciting to think about who you’ll be in another 6 months! I’m so excited to check in again on August 4th!
In honor of my 6 month blogiversary/100th post, I’m hosting a giveaway! I was contacted by The Color Run about their new 2014 Kaleidoscope Tour. Here’s what I learned: “The Color Run, also known as the Happiest 5k on the Planet, is a unique paint race that celebrates healthiness, happiness and individuality. Now the single largest event series in the United States, The Color Run has exploded since our debut event. We have more than tripled our growth, hosting more than 170 events in 30+ countries in 2013.”
“Announcing the 2014 Kaleidoscope Tour! We’re hitting your cities like never before… Amazing new participant gear (t-shirt, headband, wrist band and sling bag) , Fresh music, and Color crazy race attractions. This is 5K Magic like only The Color Run can do.” And they are not kidding! The new race swag is seriously awesome!
If you’re interested in signing up, go here for a list of cities on the tour! Philly’s dates haven’t been announced yet, but you can sign up to be notified when registration begins. When you register, use the code COLOR5OFF to get $5 off your race registration fee! But since The Color Run is so awesome, one lucky reader gets to win 2 race entries to a race in the city of their choice! Enter using the Rafflecopter link below. Good luck, and keep on running!
Have you ever done The Color Run before? Is the Kaleidoscope Tour coming to your city?