Hey everyone! Sorry for the late night post – after our run today Andrew and I stopped at Target for some groceries, and then when we got back to my car it wouldn’t start, so I spent most of my night dealing with tow trucks and AAA (if you’re not a AAA member, GET ON THAT. They have saved my life millions of times when my car decided to go crazy on me!). Anyways, all I thought about all day was how amazing today’s weather was. I was literally daydreaming about running ever since I woke up, and today’s run didn’t disappoint. Everyone knows that I am OBSESSED with fall, and I’m proud of it. And if you’re a runner you should be super excited for fall too! So I now present to you Kristen K’s list of Why Everyone Loves Fall Running:
1. NO HUMIDITY. It’s like heaven. This reason actually probably counts as #1-5, it’s that important.
2. Cooler temps = less sweating and dehydration. In the summer I always feel nauseous during/after my runs, but I never feel that way in the fall. It’s been helping me run faster and longer!
3. Beautiful views. No matter where you run, there’s going to be at least one tree along the way, and it’s going to be changing colors and looking crazy beautiful really soon! I run in Ridley Creek State Park underneath tons of trees, so all the running I do in the month of October is going to have a beautiful view of the fall foliage! Today I saw some leaves changing already!
4. It’s race season! If I had unlimited money and enough stamina I would be signed up for a race ever single Saturday and Sunday. I have to use restraint this time of year! As I’m typing this I’m definitely thinking about adding a halloween themed race to my lineup…
5. The extra calories I burn running allow me to eat delicious pumpkin flavored foods. Pumpkin muffins, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin coffee, PSLs…my pinterest is blowing up with fall recipes and I’ll need to keep running as much as possible to prevent some extra fall pounds!
Runner’s World understands me.
What’s your favorite part about fall running? And who else totally agrees with #5 and has a pumpkin eating problem?