So this post is long overdue, but the fabulous Lindsay at Lindsay Weighs In nominated me for the Liebster Award last week!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back up to his/her blog. Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for the award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
I found Lindsay’s blog when I first started blogging and I really love reading it! She’s very honest in her posts and I can relate to almost everything she blogs about! Definitely check her out!
Now for the blogs that I nominate:
Courtney at The Trigirl Chronicles
Danni at Talking Box Genealogy
Kathleen at The Half Ass Bad Ass
Maureen at Running on Cabernet
Madelyn at Reading Runner Girl
All the girls over at Scoot A Doot
Cynthia at You Signed Up for What?!
Courtney at Eat Pray Run DC
Cori at Olive to Run
I know some of the above blogs have more than 200 followers, but they’re still awesome and you should check them all out!
Here are my questions from Lindsay:
1. What made you decide to start blogging? Was it a friend’s suggestion like me, or something else?
I first thought about blogging a while ago because I always read other blogs for race reviews, new running routes, and ways to stay healthy. I really decided to start my own blog once I registered for the Disney Princess Half Marathon because I wanted to see all the progress that I will be making while training for the biggest race I’ve ever run! Plus it has been keeping me accountable with my running and fitness goals, since everyone will know if I skipped a workout!
2. Which Friends character are you most like? I love this question (and am also obsessed with Friends!)
Don’t kill me but…I didn’t really watch Friends 😦 I’m sorry! I’m more into reality TV shows. I find that watching other people’s crazy drama-filled lives makes me feel better about whatever I’m going through. Like, at least I’m not a teen mom, right?
3. Where is somewhere you’d love to travel, if money was no object?
I would go back to Alaksa in a heartbeat! The entire state is about 1/3 the size of the entire US, so there’s a lot more for me to explore! I would probably visit Barrow, which is the most northern point in the US. I’ve always wanted to cross the Arctic Circle!
4. What is one of your biggest goals?
To run a race in all 50 states! I always wanted to visit all 50 states as a little kid, so this just gives me an extra reason to do it!
5. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
I love being able to share my little adventures with other people – it makes life more exciting! My normal 3 mile training runs suddenly become something worth talking about. And it gives me an excuse to take pictures during every workout/race!
6. Have you ever participated in any twitter chats, or attended any conferences about blogging?
No, but I’d love to do so in the future! I’m still very new to blogging and I’m sure I have a lot to learn!
7. What is one thing you can’t leave the house without?
My cell phone! I even carry it with me when I run, just in case I need it. I’m usually glued to either my work emails (boo) or Facebook on my phone whenever I have downtime.
8. What is your favorite sport to watch or play?
Favorite sport to watch: Hockey! Specifically the Flyers ❤
I also used to love playing field hockey in high school, although I spent the entire time on the bench and never actually got to “play”.
9. What is your favorite movie?
Elf! Of course it has to be a Christmas movie!
10. What was the first blog you read? Do you still read it?
I’ve read so many that I can’t even remember – but the first blog I ever followed when I started blogging was Courtney from The Trigirl Chronicles. It’s only been a month so I definitely still read it!
Here are my questions for all my lovely Liebster Award nominees:
1. How long have you been blogging? Has your blog changed a lot since then?
2. What is your favorite book?
3. If you could eat any one item of junk food and NOT have the calories/bad stuff count, what would you choose?
4. What’s the coolest thing you have ever done in your life?
5. What do you do to get new readers to follow your blog?
6. Who is your personal hero?
7. What is your favorite blog post that you’ve ever written?
8. Where is your favorite spot to work out?
9. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
10. What is your favorite guilty pleasure TV show?
I had a ton of fun answering Lindsay’s questions! Thanks for nominating me! I hope everyone takes a moment to check out the blogs I nominated to see how they answered my questions!