I’ve only been running for one year, but I’ve actually had running goals way before I even started running. That might sound crazy, but I’ve always dreamed about running and just thought that I was too slow and out of shape to even try. In high school I used to walk the mile during the 1 mile run test, but that was mostly so I wouldn’t be sweaty during Spanish class. I can’t imagine where I would be right now if I’d started running in high school, but I’m doing my best to make up for lost time!
Anyways, I have a pretty lofty list of running goals, and I’m ready to share them with the world! I know a lot of bloggers out there are completing these goals right now and I can’t wait until I can share those experiences with them. If anyone has advice or wants to help me reach some of these goals let me know!
1. My first running goal ever was to run a 5k. And when I say run, I mean run the whole thing. I accomplished this goal last September, but it meant so much to me that I think I’ll always keep it on my list! Right now I’m working on running a 5k in under 30 minutes (yep, I’m slow). My current PR is 30:06 and I almost died when I realized that I could have PRed with just a little more effort at the end, but it’s giving me something to work towards!
2. Goal #2 is also a goal that I’ve had for years, even before I started running. My current biggest goal is to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon! I don’t think there’s anything better than thousands of girls running through Magic Kingdom dressed like princesses (with way comfier shoes!). I can honestly say that after I heard about this race I started thinking about starting to run just because it looked so cool. I’ll hopefully be reaching this goal in February 2014 and I’m excited to share my progress on here!
3. Running a marathon. My dream marathon would be Boston, but I’m a little too slow for that right now! Maybe Philly Marathon in 2014?
4. Running a race in all 50 states! I’ve only ever run races in PA, but I’m signed up for the Disney Princess Half (Florida) and why stop there? I won’t even discriminate on the length of the race, 5ks work fine for me. I’m kind of just looking forward to having an excuse to run in Hawaii!
5. Join a local running group. I’m really shy when it comes to athletic stuff, and I hate sweating in front of other people. But I’d love to get better and faster at running, and a running group could really help with that.
So what are your running goals? Are there any goals that you’ve already completed?
4 thoughts on “My Secret (or not-so-secret) Running Goals”
Oooo I like goal #4! I hope you complete that one and you should take pictures at the state line signs to put on the corresponding race entry on your blog!
That’s an awesome idea! I’m thinking about starting with Delaware since I live like 20 minutes from the border and that’s an easy pic to take from my car!
I like number 4! I’m still game for running a ran with you and there are plenty left in NY for the year if you want to knock another state out this season.
This is a serious possibility! I’m going to see what I can find in the next month or two and maybe we can sign up for something! Thanks for helping me reach my goal!